Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies The Healthy Way-I Think

I do have more interesting posts started, but I have not had time to sit down and finish them. So for now I will post about the pumpkin cookie recipe that my daughter and I tried to make a little healthier then the original version. I will post pictures as soon as they come out of the oven and let you know how our experiment tastes.

Pumpkin Cookies Lorrie's Way

2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (Next time I may cut it to 2)
2 T ground flax seed
1 t baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch ground cloves
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.) Mix together butter, maple syrup, honey, pumpkin, and egg with an electric mixer.
3.) Add remaining ingredients.
4.) Place dough on cookie sheet.
5.) Bake for 10-12 minutes

If you are interested in the original recipe you can check it our here.



No comments:

Post a Comment