Friday, May 28, 2010

Eating From the Pantry Week- Well Almost


My brother's wedding was last Saturday in Lawrence, Go KU! :) Sorry I could not help myself. Since we got back late Sunday night I did not feel like making a menu plan or grocery list. We decided to go ahead and see if we could just eat what we had on hand and see how creative we could be without going to the grocery store. Well I almost made it. I ended up buying some tortillas because I was too lazy to make some as well as hitting up a couple of sales that I could not pass up.

The first picture above is of my trip to Green Acres where I bought 3 boxes of Clif Z bars for $.99 each and 2 bottles of Annie's salad dressing marked down to $1.99. I used 2 $1/1 coupons to get them for $.99 each

Yesterday my mom told me that Dillons had blackberries on sale for $1 each. I decided to get 10 of them for snacking and making jam this weekend.

Total I spent less then $20 on groceries this week.

Below is a menu of what we ended up eating this week. It made it so much easier because my in-laws have a HUGE garden and blessed us with an over abundance of lettuce, snap peas, broccoli, radishes, and cauliflower.

Sunday
Hotel
Coop Market
Leftovers

Monday
Toast, fruit
Leftover pizza, salad
Hummus, fresh garden veggies, homemade cheese crackers, corn on the cob

Tuesday
Vegan earth balls (My kids LOVE these), frozen berries, yogurt, the kids also asked to make their own oatmeal with coconut oil, cinnamon, organic sugar, and chia seeds.
Macaroni, fresh veggies
Taco salad

Wednesday
Cereal ?
Turkey and hummus sandwich with veggies
Burritos

Thursday
Cereal, applesauce
Spaghetti, green beans, pears
Enchiladas, corn salsa, chips

Friday
Z bars, grapes, applesauce
Leftover enchiladas, strawberries, green beans, corn salsa, pb/ cream cheese rolls (For the kids. Not enough enchiladas left)
Beef and veggie stir fry with couscous and blackberries.

Saturday
Z bars on the way to swimming lessons
Lunch at my moms
Not sure yet.

How did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment