Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Peasant Bread- No Kneading Required!

This is an excellent bread that I make whenever I don't have time to make a bread that I have to knead.

Peasant Bread

2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups warm water
2 cups unbleached flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
I often add oats, millet, or any other seeds I have around

Combine the yeast, honey, water, and salt and let set 10 minutes.

Add in the flours and stir until well mixed.

Place dough in a well greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours.

Shape into 2 loaves and place on a cookie sheet.

Cook 375 for 30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. can you use just one type of flour? Also, can you put this in loaf pans instead of a cookie sheet?
    thanks much,
    ~Jolene

    ReplyDelete