Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black Bean Quesadillas

I am always on the look out for great vegetarian recipes to help keep the budget down. My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and I have to say that my husband loved it. It was so easy to make and you should have all the ingredients you need already in your pantry.

All you should need to add to these is a small salad or some veggies to finish it off.



Black Bean Quesadillas



1 can black beans, drained
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 Tablespoon salsa
1 clove garlic
1/2 Tablespoon red onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon water
3/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 avocado



1.) Combine all ingredients except for cheese and avocado in a food processor and blend.
2.) Place mixture onto 3 tortillas and top with avocado and cheese. Fold in half and grill on a skillet at medium high just until warmed and browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment