Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Easy "Ice cream"

I did not manage to get a picture of this recipe, but there was not too much to show you. I read in Vegetarian Times yesterday that you can put a tub of yogurt into your ice cream maker and have frozen yogurt.

I decided to give this a try for breakfast this morning. Imagine my kids surprise when I told them we were having "ice cream" for breakfast. All I did was open a tub of vanilla yogurt and toss it into my ice cream maker. 20 minutes later we had fresh frozen yogurt. It was really good. The only problem was my kids decided it was a bit too cold today for ice cream (15 degrees outside).

You could easily top this with some fresh fruit, nuts, or granola and have a really healthy treat for breakfast or any time of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment