Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Food Storage Analyzer

Yesterday I discovered a website through Money Saving Mom called Preparedness Pantry. They are an emergency preparedness website based in Utah. I have been thinking a lot lately about what I would do if we had a natural disaster in our area. What would I feed my family, how would we stay warm, where would we find clean water?This website was excellent for helping me answer some of these questions.

They have a free food storage analyzer to help you find out how long you can feed your family with the food you have on hand if you had to. I gave the analyzer a try and found it to be easy to use. The only problem I had was that I did not have the exact items they recommended, but I decided that I would approximate with what I had that would be comparable. After just adding in all my grains I discovered that I could feed my family for 7 days. Interesting.

If you would like to give this analyzer a try click on the button below and try it for yourself. You might be surprised at the results.

Gift Card Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment